• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC for the MK48 LVS

tcody

Can anyone help with a NSN for the AC kit for the MK48'S. I found the red dot kit for the HEMTT (4120-01-526-9153) but I don't think they are applicable to the LVS.
Thanks in advance!

Bighurt

The cabs are different NSN's so I imagine they aren't directly compatable. However like everything I suspect you can make it work.

Where you a lucky winner?

jimbo*

I can't speak to the interior, but the cabs are structurally identical except for the MK having a rear window behind the driver's head.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you will find it very difficult to get a unit out of RED DOT. They don't want to sell to civilians. Even Oshkosh does not want to sell MK48 parts to the public...or so I have been told by BBF...even though they WILL sell Oshkosh parts for the HEMTT. Go figure!

tcody

Red Dot has a R9976 compressor that is hydraulic. I sure would like to figure out if the LVS kit was pretty much the same at the HEMTT but with a hydraulic compressor. Even a NSN might be helpful. Best info I could find was a RFQ around 2008. Those trucks are a nice poor mans alternative to the HEMTT, but with the 109 degree days we had around here it makes you think twice!

DrillerSurplus

Can anyone help with a NSN for the AC kit for the MK48'S. I found the red dot kit for the HEMTT (4120-01-526-9153) but I don't think they are applicable to the LVS.
Thanks in advance!
on the mk48 there is no fan belt everything is hyd driven or cam driven so putting a belt driven ac should be a challenge

Has anyone figured out an AC unit for the MK48?

I've seen a couple of threads looking, but no solid answer on one that someone has actually installed.

A couple of photos below from when we tried out the MK18A1 by loading & unloading a 20' container. With contents container weighed about 10,000 lb and it picked up without a grunt.

Note to John Appel- I've thought about converting a dump truck bed I have to use with the MK18A1. The one photo shows container at about the maximum angle. It would work only if what you were hauling wasn't sticky. I had hoped it would go a little steeper, at this angle it probably wouldn't dump a load of dirt unless it was bone dry or you had lined the bed with visqueen before you loaded it.

MK48-MK18A1 loading container cab.jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 1.jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 2..jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 5.jpgMK48-MK18A1 loading container 4.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I plan on installing my AC unit on the SEMTT. However it'd only be of any help to you guys for how to mount the AC box. I'm running a NHC250 engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks