• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 piece wheels

ODdave

Well, aside from the safety factor, I was also wanting to run as tall a tire as possible, maybe a 14-20, or at least a 12-20, and wasn't totally sure that they would actually fit on the factory deuce wheels.
Here's food for thought...think I can make a wider 1 piece wheel from 2 2-piece wheels? I know that my neighbor has done it in order to run some 48" floatation tires on his mud buggy, but I wasn't too sure if they would be road worthy. I don't see why they wouldn't be, as long as they were done correctly.

um, just a lil more food for thought (should be enough to curb your apitite) you could cut and weld 2 split rims together, eliminate the split and make a 1 piece wheel, then throw it away when you realzed you have no way to mount a tire on it b/c there is no drop center..............:deadhorse:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a couple of members do, or did, make custom wheels for the deuce that allow the wider tires like 395's.

deathrowdave

I have 6 lug 7.25x 22.5 wheels w/11r 22.5 tubeless tires w/duals in the rear . Supply of tires is endless !!!! Wheels came from FedX truck , International recycle style trucks also use them . I paid $20.00 a wheel for the 22.5 wheels. Feel much safer than with split rims. Look at local large truck recycle yards, millions have been made !!! Be safe,Dave PM if I can help

jesusgatos

What KIND of tires though, and at what kind of prices? Are you running OTR tires? One of the main reasons I decided to stick with 20" wheels was to be able to take advantage of all the cheap surplus tires out there. Oh yeah, and post some pics of your rig on 22.5's!

deathrowdave

I have "quarry tread " deep lug traction . I have straight tread steer tires on the front as of
now . Working on power assist steering from a fire truck. Once steering gets finished deep lug on front also. New Firestone t831 cost $250.00 in 22.5 . You can pick up used from truck salvage
yard . Recaps for the rear $125.00 each. The greatest benefit to 22.5 is no tube you can repair with a plug to get you home to make repair. 22.5s are steel radials lees chance of punctures.
I will try to post pictures this weekend. Try a search for " Christmas 2009 Falmouth,Ky. "
There should be a few pictures on this post. Be safe ,Dave [thumbzup]

deathrowdave

I work for a utility company , priced them through our supplier $ 263.00 + 33.00 fed.tax . We pay same price as US government . Company has aprox 5000 trucks on the road !!!
Take the time and look for take offs from salvage yards a large amount of 22.5s on the road. Have a great and safe day,Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks