• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M3A1 Stuart Tank At The Arco Station and Subway

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Last Thursday night I had my M3A1 Stuart in the Sandy, OR Mountain Day Parade. We unloaded the tank and parked the truck at the end of the parade. I drove the tank West on US Hwy 26 to where the parade formed up. On the way I stopped at ARCo to fill up and them to Subway for dinner!
Steve:cool:

Attachments

hwcurtice

They were built to run on cheap stuff....

But still, why put so much gunk in your engine?

Anyway, great looking piece of history you have there! Nice that you got the pump out of the attendant's hands too!

Stalwart

Around here it has always had the highest amount of alcohol of any leading brand. They were also notorious for not keeping up with the maintenance of occasionally pumping the water out of the bottom of their tanks. A local one here had to eat some service bills but they didn't make it easy and required a lot of proof.

A few gallons on top of a normal load of avgas would be no problem. I'm switching to 100LL, I'm tired of this 10% alcohol fuel, stock jets are too lean for it and the other ones I have a are too rich. Plus, fuel stabilizer doesn't even make it last a year.

flighht2k5

Banned
Around here it has always had the highest amount of alcohol of any leading brand. They were also notorious for not keeping up with the maintenance of occasionally pumping the water out of the bottom of their tanks. A local one here had to eat some service bills but they didn't make it easy and required a lot of proof.

A few gallons on top of a normal load of avgas would be no problem. I'm switching to 100LL, I'm tired of this 10% alcohol fuel, stock jets are too lean for it and the other ones I have a are too rich. Plus, fuel stabilizer doesn't even make it last a year.
Arco gets their gas the sane place as the big expensive companies. The issues with it being dirty would be the local owner issue. Not Arco.

Stalwart

They get their stuff at the same refineries but each have their own additives per their individual specifications. The ones I know about around here are company stores, not owned by the locals.

flighht2k5

Banned
They get their stuff at the same refineries but each have their own additives per their individual specifications. The ones I know about around here are company stores, not owned by the locals.
Once again I ask what's wrong with Arco gas? It's the same gas as everyone else, the other companies ad maybe a quart of their "special" additive per 8000 gallons of gas. I go where it's cheapest and drive with no worries :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks