• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air governor under hood driving me CRAZY

Banshee365

Hey guy's, my deuce is having it's period or something. There's an air valve of some sort under the hood right near the top of the firewall and more on the passangers side. It's clicking 3-4 times per second and releasing air and it's driving me absolutely insane, what's the fix? Thanks!

-Kelly

Banshee365

Is that normal to release 3 times a second at all times while driving? Is there a regulator or something that could be sticking or is it normal? I guess too much air is better than not enough! I tried to turn the wipers on and do whatever i could to use air but it kept clicking.

-Kelly

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is not normal for it to cycle that often!

rgregj

Mine was doing that when I had an air leak at the low air pressure switch. Once the leak was fixed, the cycling stopped. I think the problem was the leak kept the air pressure right at the point where the governor kicked in. Hope that helps.

Greg

acetomatoco

new air governors are cheap and easy to install.... Water or ice in it?? leaks in the glad hand valves... Hook your shop air compressor up to system and go around with the engine off and listen for leaks or use the dishwashing soap and water in a spray bottle to find the leaks... don;t forget the air horn connection etc... RAM

Banshee365

Do you guy's think I should replace the governor? How cheap are they? Three minutes after startup from cold the governor starts cycling away and doesn't stop. Sometimes it'll stop 15 minutes later or so, but it drives me nutty. The known leaks I'm aware of are at the front axle engagement switch inside and at the horn. If you wiggle the lines you can hear them leak but right now they do not leak. When I turn the truck off with the system still pressurized I walked all around it and didn't hear any leaks. Thanks for the input!

-Kelly

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
maybe it needs to be cleaned out? maybe just adjusting it would help to knock some dirt free..

littlebob

I haven't had mine that long and only ran it a few times before taking it apart and still haven' figured out what all the stuff on the firewall and under dash do, but when I went to see Mcinfantry's truck I think he had something that released the excess pressure on the air tanks to drain. when I get to that point thats what I would like to have setup. It sounds like you have other problems though.
littlebob

mucekok

quick fix for annoying noises... turn up radio! nevermind, wrong truck. my air governor did the same thing, drove me nuts! tried all kinds of stuff to fix it including beating it with a large hammer. finally just replaced it. problem solved.

BEASTMASTER

you guys are lucky you solved the problem. i've tried 3 different governors and my pressure relief still blows off while i'm driving. finally put a little valve in the line to drain off the extra pressure. aua

JDToumanian

i've tried 3 different governors and my pressure relief still blows off while i'm driving.
Sounds like the unloader is stuck... the small line from the governor to the compressor connects to the unloader on the compressor's head (or maybe it's on the side? I can't remember). The unloader isn't allowing the governor to shut the compressor off. Probably just needs to be cleaned.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks