• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 brake vent cap with tube

11b1776

I am looking for the hard line that comes out of the vent cap on the M101A3 models, Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up?

Thanks

Terracoma

Any update on part numbers or links? I am looking for the same thing.
You'll probably have to piece one together, short of someone parting out their trailer... You might try the forums at ExpeditionPortal or IH8MUD.

The actual cap itself looks suspiciously like an M35A2 master cylinder cap with the threaded port in the center. However, I haven't confirmed that they're the same. Digging through the -14P TM for the M116-series of trailers and cross-referencing the M35A2 parts TM to see if the master cylinder caps are the same or interchangeable will get you started.

The above part number (8365426) is a Haldex part number and comes back to an NSN of 4710-00-511-1692, which also seems to jive with a Bendix part number of 225361... I found a couple of these tube assemblies on eBay by searching the NSN number. You might be able to order these from a heavy truck supplier like FleetPride or NAPA. Trailers I've owned/seen with this style of cap and breather tube were using heavy-wall Goodyear or Gates radiator/heater hose of appropriate inside diameter to fit over the #2 end of the metal tube, and secured with a hose clamp.

Hopefully that helps.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of these old vehicles use parts that are rather simple, but no longer common. If one is not prepared & equipped to work on them, its a serious handicap. That whole brake master cylinder is available new on one of the trailer supply places, but if you do a search of lift truck parts suppliers, you can buy it at a fraction of the cost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks