• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no title for m35a2

mike cremonini

hello, im wanting to purchase a m35a2 from a neighbor ,and he does not have a title. i live in tn and was wanting to know if i could use the certificate of ownership form . the original owner never titled it after purchasing it from the military . lost sf97 papers. if anyone can guide me , that would be appreciated. mike.

onegmjack

I was told at DMV in Tennesse,could not do anything without a title.You can check in your area,may have been a worker having a bad day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, heck no. For me, the title better be there, it better match the data plate and both need to match the frame number. Without All that, its 100 miles of bad road.

91W350

1977 and older vehicles in Kansas can be sold on a bill of sale and titled as an antique. It costs 15.00 for VIn inspection to insure the vehicle is not already titled and a title fee. The antique tag is good for life of the vehicle as long as you pay taxes and insurance. I hope nobody messes that up for us.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well there is a law on the books in TN to transfer ownership on a vehicle over 25 years old with a bill of sale but good luck getting a county clerk to do it. I know I've tried it in Dickson County with no luck.

Did I read your location right? Charlotte, TN? If so, shoot me a PM. I'm sure I know the truck. I live right down the road in Dickson. I may can give you some more pointers through PM.

3dAngus

Well someone from GA could buy it, register it, and sell it back to ya....
Yes, in Ga. we could buy it and register it, but not get a title. I just went through a six week wait that ended today. The Georgia DMV WILL NOT title a vehicle older than 1986, unless, from 1970-1985 where a state title has already been issued. Then it is optional.

I have titled a pre 1986 MV before, then the GDMV set me a formal letter saying it was a mistake and they wanted it back.

Today, nine months later, it is across the board and they simply will not issue a title for a pre 1986 vehicle at all. Even the title office, who got their hand spanked for doing it previously, says they will never ever do it again.

Not all states need a title for a MV. It's meaningless in the state of Georgia and not some kind of walk away mandate if there is not a title on a vehicle.

Theres not going to be a title, because its state law. Varies state by state.
I bought the MV today by way of Bill of Sale only. There is no other way. Even State Legislatures were solicited for help. Nothing they can do but change the law. Not going to happen.

I find it interesting that in the "Optional years" where Ga. will title a vehicle if another state title is presented, they will not accept a Federal SF97 on the vehicle. It was submitted with the title application paperwork.

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello, im wanting to purchase a m35a2 from a neighbor ,and he does not have a title. i live in tn and was wanting to know if i could use the certificate of ownership form . the original owner never titled it after purchasing it from the military . lost sf97 papers. if anyone can guide me , that would be appreciated. mike.
I live in Ohio and I bought a truck without a title. (Despite what some people say, I couldn't lose on THIS deal) I was told to send a letter to the BMV explaining the details of how I got the truck and then I'd get a letter from the BMV enabling me to go to the county common pleas court to get a court order to get a title to the vehicle. I know that there is a procedure to get titles to abandoned vehicles in Ohio. I would assume that there would be some similar legal channel to do this in Tn. I haven't gone through the system yet as I've had other things on my plate and I've been working on getting the deuce road worthy.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to send the OP a PM but the site won't let me. I can't even pull up his profile. Odd. :?

3dAngus

Its not unusual for brand new accounts to have startup problems. That was his first post. A mod might be able to help.

rrrr

I would walk away. I had to go through the courts to get a vehicle awarded to me before I could get a title. It was a 1943 dodge weapons carrier. The cost was about $1000. I will never do it again. No title ..... No sale !!!!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to send the OP a PM but the site won't let me. I can't even pull up his profile. Odd. :?
DH or Patracy will need to fix his moderated status. I have super powers but not Super Duper Powers :doghead:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks