• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Most recent GL purchase

ranchhopper

After quitting my job I had for 23 years I needed a truck to drive for the winter I had a company truck to drive so my MVs were stored inside for the winter. I have a cherry 1009 so its not going out into the rust belt winter salt so I looked for a truck I could use. As luck would have it they had a few 1008s listed up in sparta about four hours away I won one for 1850 dollars it looked good and had minimal rust so that problem was solved. I hired Jeff Laumer who lives in sparta and works on the base to haul it to his house and assess what it would need to get roadworthy the list was not to bad mostly bolting everything back together as they were preparing to cannibalize it for some reason and it had the usual forklift ruined driveshaft Jeff had one so he sold it to me and sold me six like new military batteries two were put into the truck and we hauled the other four home in the back of the truck at fifty bucks each I bought all of them he had. The truck starts as good or better as any of the better ones I have owned the best part the truck was mis labled in the listing instead of a 1008 it turned out to be a 1028 first time a mistake in a listing worked out in my favor. Jeff put everything back together and had the missing parts needed to complete the truck he is available to retrieve trucks from the base and is a member here he also got my 923 off base for me previously too. We towbarred the truck home so we could make the trip in a shorter time here is a few pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

jedawson1

Jeff is a great asset, he got my M923A1 inspected and ready for recovery. Drove it 800 miles home with no problems. Congrats on the good find. I hope my next is a truck like you found.

eagle4g63

Oh who you kidding.......give it a couple of months and it will have a nice new paint job and look like the other trucks you have/had.......all purdy :D:D:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks