• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 o-ring

dstang97

I have 12bolts made in 1999. when i broke them down they had a triangle looking o-ring. Is that right or did it deform? I thought they were all the same and all 12 bolts used the same o-ring. can anyone confirm?

Augi

There are two types of 12 bolt wheels. The heavy wheels have a 13th hole for aligning the halves and the light wheels do not. You can not mix and match wheel halves, but you can mix wheels on a vehicle.

The o-rings are different between the two as well. For the light wheels they are readily available and cheap (I bought 10 for $10 on ebay). For the heavy wheels I paid over $12 a piece. It is possible to get them cheaper by buying o-ring stock and gluing it together, but I didn't want to take that chance.

You are correct that the o-ring is deformed. It starts out round and eventually takes a set. After a while they retain the triangular shape and can not be reused. You are supposed to replace them every time you break down the wheel, but if they are relatively new and still pretty round you can probably get away with reusing them.

Augi

dstang97

ok the triangle threw me off. And yes I do have the 13 bolts. Thanks for getting back to me. I hope i have 2 more o-rings kicking around.

dstang97

Does anyone know where to order in bulk with part numbers? Seems different ones for the 3 different styles

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks