• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie in East Texas

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the disease. We have our own embroidered straightjackets for when your collection of MVs grows.

Ranger390

I plan on using it for everything as I've never been accused of being practical. I have a trailer picked out for it that I'll be turning into a camper. I'll be keeping it 6x6 and just service and repair everything it needs and likely stuff it doesnt also. Biggest things on the list after thorough inspection will be single it out and dual alt. and I plan on a small custom on-board generator (diesel of course). Most of all I just want to enjoy it and I will.

exryan

Hooks TX has a mass of 395/85's and 11NDT tires coming up for auction. only bad thing is, they used one general photo for them so you should go check them out. I just got 6 barely used Michelin 395/85's for 515. Looking for adapter plates or hub conversions right now to be able to mount them, so if you find someone here in TX that can take care of us we could buy 2 sets and maybe come out cheaper.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got some pics of the truck at it new home. My boy loves it, I wish I had cool stuff around when I was 5 and had nothing to do but play with it. I'll be fixing the top when I come home since the sun nuked the threads. I want a hard top for it.
I have a spare hard top I'll be recovering this week if you're interested. :whistle:

welldigger

Hey ranger390, did you happen to purchase your truck from warren automotive? if so i put a deposit down on the last truck he had for sale. he mentioned someone had picked up truck #2 of 3 for sale not long ago from east texas.

welldigger

Would you by chance have purchased this truck from Warren at Warren Automotive? I put a deposite down on his ladt truck earlier this week. He mentioned someone from east texas had just picked up truck #2 of 3.

Ranger390

Yes I did, Warren's a real good guy to deal with. He runs his shop so he is pretty busy but still gets back to you as soon as possible.

sniperboy

Hello neighbor. I live about 14 miles from Tyler and bought a M923-a1 back in May. I've had loads of fun with it and found the SS sight to be full of good people and tons of information. There is a MV club in Tyler (forgot the name) that goes to all of the parades around here. They are going to have a camp-out and convoy in October. I found them from talking to some of the guys at the Veterans Park in Canton. I plan to join the club when I get a chance to get their address and phone number (no web site yet). PM me some time and we can hook up for coffee.

welldigger

Yes I did, Warren's a real good guy to deal with. He runs his shop so he is pretty busy but still gets back to you as soon as possible.
I couldn't agree with you more. Like I said before I am in the process of purchasing his last truck for sale. I actually stumbled across his truck by accident. There is another guy in Monroe selling his M35 but he apparently would rather hunt than show his truck even though he agreed on the meeting time. While aimlessly driving through a strange town i discovered Warren's truck. I just walked in and asked about it and he took time out of his schedule to take a test drive in the truck right then and there. He then let me get behind the wheel. Pending insurance i will be taking delivery sometime next week of my (new to me) M35A2. Can't wait :)

Ranger390

Thanks for the complement onegmjack. sniperboy, I was riding down Broadway by the Wal-Mart one day and was passed by a Deuce so I figured there was a club lurking near by. I'll be taking leave around the first of the year so I'll have to get in touch for that coffee. welldigger, I wish I had been able to test drive mine. Warren told me it was good to go and my brother confirmed that fact on the 4 hour drive home. Needless to say I am very excited about it and can't wait to drive it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks