• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with vin

usmcoffroader

I have a 1942 chrysler royal that was a old military car for a general in some war the bin number is is only 4 digits does anyone know were I can start to look anything will help thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Start to look for what? Parts start with Hemmings Motor News. Restoration info on the staff car forum on G503.com. In the 1940's, the VIN was the motor number. Look for numbers stamped into the engine block, right under the head. The VIN will not be 17 digits, that is a modern thing.

usmcoffroader

yes!!!! thank you i am going to restore it.. also the guy i bought it from said it was a generals car back in the day and would like to find out who it was assigned too if there is a list for that to see were the car has been that would be cool

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry there is no such list. The only hope of establishing "provenance" as they say is to find the army registration number under layers of paint on the hood, and then finding a WWII picture in the national archive with the same car and your general in it. Better luck winning the lottery. Most people just make up a story and go with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks