• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 What Fluid for Trans/Pwr Stg?

Gunzy

Do what you feel is right for YOUR truck. As for me, 15W40 in engine, P/S fluid in P/S, 10wt in trans and PTO hydro, 80w90 in diffs and T-case. This should never cause any problems due to fluids. I found that 10wt is a lot less money than Dex III. Besides, if it was good enough for the military and has proven itself why change and possibly open a new bucket of worms. JMHO

aheilmann68

I used tractor supply hydrostatic/hydraulic fluid. They are essentially all the same specs. Allison is looking for C4 certified IIRC which most universal hydraulic fluid is. The transmission takes pretty much 5 gals

Natron

My fault, when I googled this topic for my hmmwv it popped me right into the last page of this post, I didn't see the heading, sorry bout that.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do what you feel is right for YOUR truck. As for me, 15W40 in engine, P/S fluid in P/S, 10wt in trans and PTO hydro, 80w90 in diffs and T-case. This should never cause any problems due to fluids. I found that 10wt is a lot less money than Dex III. Besides, if it was good enough for the military and has proven itself why change and possibly open a new bucket of worms. JMHO
I'm about to do some fluid changes in my 5ton/923A2 truck & I'm going with what Gunzy posted.