Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: West Michigan roll call

Thanks

The township. Off Hadley south of you, but spending most of my time up north building a house.
    Larry Sage
    Ortonville, Mi

1975 M342a2
    1953 m37 cdn
    1953 m43
    1947 cj2a
    1953 M35a2 wo/w (depot rebuild)
    mvpa # 24207

Private
    Thanks

Anyone know of a good Diesel/injector mechanic (Or HMMWV mechanic) near Traverse City? 1995 M998 HMMWV is giving me fits.

Thanks

What's is it doing ??

Private
    Thanks

I posted this in the HMMWV forum and i'm still working through some of the recommendations but looking for a backup if i cant fix it.

1994 M998, 6.2. Last spring had Stanadyne IP rebuilt by factory dealer. After new IP, ran great all last summer. This spring, ran no issues for a month or so until today. Driving for about 5 minutes and it completely shut off. Pulled over, started again with heavy white smoke, ran for 2 minutes and it died again. Towed it home and let it sit. Put in new fuel filter and bled with bleeder screw. cranked for a few minutes and it started, ran for 5 minutes at idle and then died again. Cranked with incoming fuel line off (To the filter) and getting strong fuel flow to the fuel filter and from the fuel filter. I connected a clear hose to the IP fuel return line and cranked. THe IP return line had a lot of bubbles and air and once the fuel reached the front (drain) side of the IP return line, the HMMWV started again for about 5 minutes and then died. Next i cracked a few Injectors and cranked and no fuel to the injectors... I'm all ears... .

Forum research has lift pump as a potential issue, maybe a bad IP, could GPC be an issue, better air bleed? I have the yellow banded KDS with black control box that has bright green KDS label (Seeminly common combo)... [Located near Traverse City, Michigan]

Private
    Thanks

Hey all, new to the site and the M.V. side of the car culture. Just moved to Richmond Township, just outside of Memphis. Unfortunately until I get the brakes on my 72 d200 straightened out, ahe stays in Sterling Hgts. Anyone in the metro Detroit area good with Drum Brakes??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4