• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

West Michigan roll call

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

joe16201

Between Clio and Otisville.
Looking to sell my 1971 M35A2 with non- whistler turbo multi fuel Hercules engine.
$6400 OBO.
PM me for more details.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wpy2080

I posted this in the HMMWV forum and i'm still working through some of the recommendations but looking for a backup if i cant fix it.

1994 M998, 6.2. Last spring had Stanadyne IP rebuilt by factory dealer. After new IP, ran great all last summer. This spring, ran no issues for a month or so until today. Driving for about 5 minutes and it completely shut off. Pulled over, started again with heavy white smoke, ran for 2 minutes and it died again. Towed it home and let it sit. Put in new fuel filter and bled with bleeder screw. cranked for a few minutes and it started, ran for 5 minutes at idle and then died again. Cranked with incoming fuel line off (To the filter) and getting strong fuel flow to the fuel filter and from the fuel filter. I connected a clear hose to the IP fuel return line and cranked. THe IP return line had a lot of bubbles and air and once the fuel reached the front (drain) side of the IP return line, the HMMWV started again for about 5 minutes and then died. Next i cracked a few Injectors and cranked and no fuel to the injectors... aua I'm all ears... .

Forum research has lift pump as a potential issue, maybe a bad IP, could GPC be an issue, better air bleed? I have the yellow banded KDS with black control box that has bright green KDS label (Seeminly common combo)... [Located near Traverse City, Michigan]

Fitter636

Hey all, new to the site and the M.V. side of the car culture. Just moved to Richmond Township, just outside of Memphis. Unfortunately until I get the brakes on my 72 d200 straightened out, ahe stays in Sterling Hgts. Anyone in the metro Detroit area good with Drum Brakes??