• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Euopean Invasion!!!

KC4MNE

Tempted to post pictures of my "Fleet" down here in sunny south Florida

2 Volvo's

2 Pinzgauers

1 M35

1 M37

This is a sick hobby, why is ONE never enough!

Manny

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
That volvo is the ugliest MV I have ever seen. Where can I buy one? My Volvo station wagon would like the company.

Jimmy

Manny,

Very nice collection. I have the same problem that you do, everything big and green that I see I want to take home with me. I don't know if the neighbors hate me or are just afraid of me these day's.

ramfan

Re: European Invasion

eminn57360 said:
Well my Pinzgauer has ben up to 96kmh or up to 56mph on my gps, and thats not necessarily going down hill either slight upgrade I can hold it or accelerate, most of the 4x4's can do inexcess of 70mph and a few custom built 6x6's can do 70mph or better too.

my 712M can do 70mph! on flat fwy/hwy but I really like to just keep her around 55 or 60 most of time.

Ed

Mike_Pop

RE: Re: European Invasion

Manny,

Love the Volvos! I was lucky enough to drive Sean Molloy's quite a bit at Northwest Mogfest. He has the open cab one like yours. If I were to purchase another European vehicle, it would definitely be the Volvo over a Pinzgauer or Unimog.

Wolf.Dose

RE: European Invasion

Hey, do not forget: The WWII vehicles of the US Army were made for a maximun size of 6'. I am 6'6" and learnd how to use the American WWII stuff. For the Mogs you just have to know how to get inside. Than it is possible. The Pinzis and even the little Haflinger fits for my size!
The M715 of the late 60's was also made for short leg people. So I had to rise the steering coulumn on the dash for about 4". So it works for only 26 years, the time I own and run the truck.

Attachments

davidkroberts

honestly as far as basic engineering goes my old Unimog 404 is FAR superior in attention to detail and design than my Gama Goat or any US military vehicle ive ever been in. Im as patriotic as anyone else but from what i have seen the european vehicles are just better....... sorry......

I am so impressed i may sell my Gama Goat to buy another Unimog or a Pinzgauer

Green_gator

I like the camo job on the Land Rover, wonder how that would look on an M10?. Those first two will never be lost in the woods with those paint jobs. Very nice vehicles and glad to see that the U.S. was represented.

Wolf.Dose

You simply can do it with any kind of vehicle, if you find the proper slope or curve at inpropper speed, or other way round, with the proper speed to tilt it! Besonders auf Schmittchens Spielwiese (Sorry, there in the States, that sentence is for the guy in Karlsruhe). The Volvo's are not that bad!
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks