• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Removal V-100

Philh

Is there a trick to removing the lower battery out of a V-100? The brake booster is in the way, do you have to remove the booster?

Phil H

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Presuming you refer to 6TLs, since civvie batteries tend to be smaller - nope, just tilt the left side up and pull it out.

By 'just' I do mean wiggle it, squirm it, cuss and sweat a lot. Best not to have ladies or children nearby. This is from recent personal experience. :roll:

Cheers

B3.3T

Rory is correct, it is not much of a problem. And I've not known it to be a problem unless your setup is not stock. I've seen other brake boosters used and mounted differently.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hadn't really thought of the booster not being in the stock place. Phil, does your setup look similar to this?

Cheers

ps- Wow! the site really squeezed that picture down and took all the quality... But it still shows what it needs to.

Attachments

Philh

I purchesed Jack Tomlin's V-100 years ago, put it back stock and sold it. I put new batterys in and the guy I sold it to called and ask me how to get the lower battery out. I could not remember having any trouble putting them in. I will pass on your info. Thanks Phil H