• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armstrong Begone.....

Bdaman

The guy at my local Napa thinks if I bring in original draglink we can maybe find a threaded draglink that will fit. So I can adjust length.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bdaman

Our truck was retrofitted with later model steering not unlike Rich and Bdamans trucks. I refer to it as "'80s steering". Not too long after we got it on the road, the input shaft seal began leaking like a sieve. Since I had no idea what it originally came from I ordered a replacement steering box for an '85 W250. Bolted in perfectly! It was also on less turn lock to lock than the one that came off, so it handles a little better now.
The '85 gearbox you speak of. Is it power or manual?
Sorry, got you confused with Bdaman.

In his case, I would recommend what I posted above. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

michigandon

It is a power gearbox, identical in appearance and fitment to the one that was already there.

I would also make sure that everything was installed properly. In our case, the POs put the draglink on backwards, which resulted in a VERY wide right turn!