• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some advice, truck won't start

maxxplanck

Hey guys I had to store my 5-ton outside for a few months, unfortunately a few squirrels made nest a pack as many black walnuts as you could fit in the engine area. I cleaned out all the walnuts and power washed the engine, now my always starting faithful engine won't turn over. Did I get something wet I wasn't suppose too ? I'm slaving my truck off another 5-ton so I don't drain the batteries while trying to start it. Also inspecting it I found two wires that I'm not sure what they connect into . Thank for your help as I'm as frustrated as I can get. Trying to get my truck ready for display at the local elementary school for Veterans Day. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One reason I see is the emergency shut down cable needs to be reset or in the fordward pisition. Pic number 3. I forgot what all the electric connections were at the PT but they were for the diagnostic hook up and your is a mechanical engine so it will run with out them. Can not really see the other side sensor connection but maybe water temp.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's nuts!

maxxplanck

Thank you so much , that was it . ������������ I was so upset I didn’t even notice it . Thank you again !!