• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24052 Marine Corps Green

USMC6062

Does anyone one have a few good pictures of something painted this color? I have searched on here and the internet and I am unable to find what I'm looking for. I plan on painting my deuce with USMC markings, so it's going to have to be painted this color I guess. I painted my towbar "383" green CARC, and I don't like it, it's too green. I like the vietnam era colors.

N1265

Here is a picture of My M880 with Marine Corps markings That I painted 3 weeks ago in Lusterless forest green 34079 It was matched from a fs595A fan deck at Serwin-Williams.

I am not trying to talk you out of the 24052, I simply submitt it to show you what I did.

good luck in your project.

Attachments

USMC6062

Is that sherwin williams paint on your truck? What line of paint did you use? I have some info on 24052 that sherwin williams sells premixed, and I asked the guy about it when I bought some CARC. He looked in his computer and they only show 2 cases left in all of their stores, he said it most likely is discontinued. I'm afraid if I bought one case to do my truck, and end up running short they won't have any left to finish it.

nattieleather

Barrman's Gasser is getting painted in USMC Semi-gloss with Yellow USMC markings...Do a search for his posts on his trucks and I think the last one he did had a pic or two of it at it's present stage. Or maybe if your nice he'll post some more pics for all of us to drool over...lol.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just can't do the semigloss. I've got a bunch of 34052 waiting for me to spray it. This will be the base color for my Seabees trucks.

N1265

Yes it is Serwin-Williams paint. It is their 25 year warranty Laytex, Probably not the stuff you are talking about. It is called Super Paint and was color matched in exterior flat.

It was reduced 3 parts color to 1 part water and sprayed threw a HVLP gravity feed gun with a 2mm tip. It works great and is super easy to match in case of touch up. I have also camoed a couple of work trucks this way with no complaints. For $40 I can do the whole truck including Troop seats and bed interior and I am sure the color is correct without having to spend the big bucks because of shipping and haz-mat fees.

About the only bad thing I can say about it is that it scratches easier that Alkyd Enamel. So if you use your truck for parades or shows then you want to be sure to keep it away from the rose bushes.

Norseland

Hello, this post has helped a bit. I too because of my bud who was there wanted to paint the correct color.
Looks like before july 4th I wont get time to do that part but I do want to paint the yellow USMC on the passenger side Bumper.

But would like to add his bn numbers on the other side. Ive looked but cant find a pic on it.
How should 1st marines 11th motors be written? like this 1stMar 11thMtr? can anyone help w/ that?

nattieleather

Marines neve marked the vehicle with unit markings like the Army did. It's a Marine thing I guess...everyone is a riffleman blah blah blah...lol....anyway sometimes there would be a diamond with the unit's numbers on the door or tail gate of the vehilce. Might been something like 111 or 1-11 inside the diamond which was shapped like this <>. I'm not positive on that since I'm an Army kinda of guy, but that's what I've seen over the years.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seabees trucks had that diamond you speak of. It's called a Beep sticker and was red with white letters depicting which NMCB it was. Perhaps since there is a love hate relationship between the Marines and Navy, something similar was used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks