• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary Fuel Filter confusion

number9

Guys, this past weekend I changed the oil and filters in the M35. I started to change the fuel filters and noticed that the primary fuel filter canister on my truck is about twice as long as the filter I got in the filter kit from C&C Equipment. I am sure the filter I got is the correct one, so that has me wondering if maybe someone has changed the filter on my truck to a larger / longer one - the diameter looked to match up to the filter element but the length was way longer. The canister looks to be about as long as the final filter canisters are. Does this sound right? I'll post up a pic when I get home this evening.

Westech

CPL
no the first fuel filter is a little short one. There should be a spring and a cup in the base to hold the fuel filter up. the left over space is to collect water and junk.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The primary filter is used to separate water/crud from the fuel. The filter only fills the top part of the housing inorder for the water/crud to fill the bottom half.

There are two types of filters for the Deuce. The paper type and a ceramic washable. The ceramic is longer than the paper.

Here is a diagram for the paper type. Be careful when taking it apart and check where all the washers/springs/pins go.

Also depending on the type of filter you bought, the center opening may be bigger or smaller than the current one that is installed. There has been may post about this issue. Mainly the Baldwin filters are Military issue and have a smaller center hole. The NAPA/WIX filters have a larger hole. Both will work.

Attachments

Last edited:

airmech3839

Westech is correct... t is a smaller filter in a huge bowl.... Thats how she rolls!! Dont worry you are not the only one who has thought this!!:grd:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sorry I missed your call on the oil change. Things are starting to slow down here. If you have questions gimme a buzz.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks