• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100,000 member milestone!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
100,000 members...... I couldn’t have done it without y’all!...
Thank you Chris for even starting this all (in the past century...!!) And tell us the truth: when you gave SS the initial kick, what was the number you expected to ever see? ;)

I still remember the days when there were only a handful posters here and every one knew the other's real name... Most I think came over from the MilVeh-list. At that time I was only a shy "lurker", here...:giggle:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you Chris for even starting this all (in the past century...!!) And tell us the truth: when you gave SS the initial kick, what was the number you expected to ever see? ;)

I still remember the days when there were only a handful posters here and every one knew the other's real name... Most I think came over from the MilVeh-list. At that time I was only a shy "lurker", here...:giggle:
When I first started Steel Soldiers, there was no forum software, so I wrote most of the site in HTML. Prospective members had to email a form to me with their name, location, vehicle, and photograph. I was thrilled to hit 100 members and dreamed of the day when it would hit 1000. Now, here we are, 20+ years and a handful of forum softwares later, and we’ve crested 100k and the homepage had over 1.2 million unique views in 2021. It blows my mind! Thanks, y’all!

INFChief

In case you missed it, Steel Soldiers hit 100,000 members today! I just want to say thank you to everyone who made this possible including the members, admins, and moderators! I couldn’t have done it without y’all! Next stop, 200,000!

View attachment 858978
Hey, we’ve got some really knowledgeable folks in here! Thanks everyone!