• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 in South Dakota

txtriathlete

New to me 1009, originally out of the North Dakota NG TMP or so says the bumper decals. Came to me via another civvie owner. Odo said 44K when I got it, prolly 144 but the vehicle is very very clean. No real rust anywhere which is always a concern in snow country and it runs and drives just fine. Now the process of catching up on some maintenance and then customizing it to make it my own.

I'm an old Army guy (GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!) and spent the first 10 yeas of my career in the right front seat of a 1009 so its quite a bit of nostalgia to drive it now. I have done a fair amount of vehicle restoration stuff - old goldwings, jeeps, the occasional 4Runner and lately square body chevys - which led me to this vehicle on marketplace.

Anyway, there it is. Time to dig into the TMs and get started on this new project...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New to me 1009, originally out of the North Dakota NG TMP or so says the bumper decals. Came to me via another civvie owner. Odo said 44K when I got it, prolly 144 but the vehicle is very very clean. No real rust anywhere which is always a concern in snow country and it runs and drives just fine. Now the process of catching up on some maintenance and then customizing it to make it my own.

I'm an old Army guy (GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!) and spent the first 10 yeas of my career in the right front seat of a 1009 so its quite a bit of nostalgia to drive it now. I have done a fair amount of vehicle restoration stuff - old goldwings, jeeps, the occasional 4Runner and lately square body chevys - which led me to this vehicle on marketplace.

Anyway, there it is. Time to dig into the TMs and get started on this new project...
Welcome to the Outfit!

You have already found the Technical Manuals (TM's) and it sounds like you are already changing fluids and filters. Good for you for sure!

Fix us up with some pictures. Create a new thread under "Current Conflict". Something cool like "I lost to Navy" or something like that would be perfect...

ROFLPIMP.png

Having a stake in the ground with your truck pictures will give the rest of us something to look at and see what you have. It will amaze you when you go back and look at those pictures a year later...

And again, Welcome to the group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks