• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 Rear window stuck in down position

2AForever

The handle is engaged moves slightly up and down bout an inch or so, but will not close.
The access panel is off and I’m stumped at how to get the glass outa the way and find/fix the problem.

thx in advance

Valor

The handle is engaged moves slightly up and down bout an inch or so, but will not close.
The access panel is off and I’m stumped at how to get the glass outa the way and find/fix the problem.

thx in advance
If you can get to the bottom of the glass, I think there are 4 bolts, 2 on each side that hold the glass in. Take those bolts off and then slide the glass out with the tailgate down. Good luck

cucvrus

Can you reach in and get a tug on the bottom of the sash and get someone else to attempt to crank the window up? I think you have a regulator that has disengaged or has bad teeth in the gears of the regulator. They are easy to work on and replace but keeping them oiled and greased is key to the longevity of them. Also getting the side runs, bottom sash roller guides free of crud, clean and greased and oiled will help a lot. Spraying WD or CRC will have no effect. may as well pour water on the parts. Chassis grease and motor oil go a long way to keep them old antiques moving. Good Luck and Be Safe.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like mine has the same problem. I took the cover panel off and found a lever/guide was catching on the piece holding the glass at the bottom of the glass. Tried to bend it back in and only kinda helped. I have a new regulator but didn't know how to replace it. Anybody know of a youtube guide or point us to a thread in here?

2AForever

Sounds like mine has the same problem. I took the cover panel off and found a lever/guide was catching on the piece holding the glass at the bottom of the glass. Tried to bend it back in and only kinda helped. I have a new regulator but didn't know how to replace it. Anybody know of a youtube guide or point us to a thread in here?
This Video will be helpful IMO

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an old new stock regulator for a manual rear window cucv m1009 for sale if you are interested?
Man I need one of those!! Got the 86 blazer ..spring sprung and the teeth eaten gone!!! What's the protocol on getting it!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks