• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028 rear shocks

319cssb

On my 1028 i have rear shocks with some coil over design. Is there a replacement for the shocks around? It looks like the springs come apart and can be mounted on a same diameter shock

cucvrus

If your M1028 needs coil spring shocks you have bigger problems. That truck can handle a lot of weight on the stock leaf springs. Coil spring shocks won't do diddly after the leaf springs are loaded up. I broke a few stock springs mounts off the axle on my M1028 when I was rebuilding my house. I used it to haul everything from dirt, bricks, and stone. Many miles of use. But the shock mounts on the axle were the weak link. If it were mine I would just put on stock Monroe gasmatics and call it a day.

nyoffroad

I think that is called "coil over" and was a common way to increase load capacity or fide height. I've seen them available but $$$, you have the springs just replace the shocks.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup , follow the above advice . I just installed a set of standard Delco gas shocks all around on my 1031 , also while you are checking shocks don't forgot the steering damper , most are like tire pumps after 35 years .

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are old school coil over shocks , pretty useless on a 1028 . Just use a good set of hd shocks .

Matt5

Banned
Junk, you are going to try to put a load on those little shock mounts? Get a set of KYB monomax's and hope they aint junk like everything else...

ehuppert

That style shock is junk and are generally used to supplement springs that are sagging or weak. As stated, the shock mounts aren't meant to support any large amount of weight. First thing i normally tell a customer if i see those shocks is they need springs...

Just put KYB mono max on my 1008. Still finishing the long restoration, so no idea how they rate!

cucvrus

That style shock is junk and are generally used to supplement springs that are sagging or weak. As stated, the shock mounts aren't meant to support any large amount of weight. First thing i normally tell a customer if i see those shocks is they need springs...

Just put KYB mono max on my 1008. Still finishing the long restoration, so no idea how they rate!
Hey let's see some pictures of that restoration. Breathing life bak into a frame and cab that has been dead since 2005 is a chore in itself. Very interested to see it here in Pennsylvania.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks