• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

109 box?

hot rod deuce

Ok i found what i suspect to be an M109 box but realy aint sure. Its aluminum double lined and insulated the latches on the door are triple much like a meat locker. it has lifting rings wtih instructions on the left rear side. Think its an M109 box? He wants 1000 bucks but that seems like way too much, or is it, i cant build it for that not being wired for 110VAC.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't much sound like the M109 box. The M109 is made of steel for the most part and rust too. if this box is aluminum it might be the S-280 shelter or the like. If the door has double or triple latches with the little rollers on the inside, its a shelter for sure.

Pappa-G

A M109 box will have one non openable window on the frnt and 3 screened windows on each side. There is also a vent fan opening in the rear and a pass through on the frnt left side. There should be ladder stantions on the rear left side bottom and a single power input on the fwd side, upper right. this is for the 110v. there should be a couple of breaker boxes inside for switching between 110 and 24 volt. Oak floors seem to be the standard with steel plates over the tires. The box weight is 2000Lbs +/-
Best of luck!!

gbooth

M109 box

H R D Shoot me a price the box is off the truck and sitting on my trailer.

Just west of kansas city Been out of town friday night a saturday.

gbooth

109 box

The box is good condition it doesn't have any of the electoral connections except for the 24 volt stuff. Has all the windows doors close and latch. Will try and post a photo.

Attachments

hot rod deuce

well i dont know, it is a very nice box, i kind of wana buy it just to have for a "future project" but we all know how that goes. The weight is the thing that kills me. you see i want to use it as an ice fishing house "AKA beer drinking parting get away" and the weight just kills it. thats why the aluminum one cought my eye It would work alsmost perfect other than that. it even looks like you could drive a small ATV in the back of it. the next thing might be hight for me the truck is a hair over a foot taller than stock....if it met a big rig i would probably get blown right off the road.

gbooth

109 box

It is a nice box and if I don't sell it, it will probably be a way down the road project. There was a thread a while back where someone built a trailer out of one I kind of liked that but would take a lot of work. It has all the glass and the window black out shields windows open and close. If any one is interested let me know.

Attachments

Desert Rat

Gbooth,

I may have an interest in it. Right now things are hecktic with winter semester finishing. I know how much I paid for mine from Kublo's. If you're in his range I'll make arrangements to get it. PM me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making a trailer is rather easy! Just grab the back half of a deuce and pinch the nose together and weld up a lunette. More labor than cash-ola.