• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12V Conversion Gen 1 Light

LT67

Dumb question; my 86 m1008 had a 12V conversion done when I bought it. It also has an electronic Vintage Air AC system in it. When I turn the ignition switch on, are the Gen 1 and Gen 2 lights still supposed to come on like the 24V system does? Currently only the Gen 2 light is coming on.

MarcusOReallyus

Well, there's the problem with converting one of these. You leave the safe shores of TM wring diagrams behind, and venture out onto a sea of uncertainty. All we can do is wish you bon voyage.

However, there may be a ray of hope. There is a conversion method called, "the Roscommon method", which is well documented. If the conversion was done by that method, at least you have some documentation.

I suggest looking it up here, and comparing your wiring with the Roscommon documentation. If it's a match, you have something to go on.

I *think* the Roscommon is in the Helpful Threads sticky at the top of the forum. Good place to start looking, anyway.

As for the A/C, well, maybe you can find some documentation online. I don't think it should affect your Gen lights, but you never know....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks