• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.00R20 Tire Brand Preferences

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We put a 16.00 XZL on a 5ton combat rim. Mounted it on an M923A0 . At full turn on a level parking lot it made contact.

To get around this you can -

1) live with it
2) use hemtt rims up front (or all 6)
3) adjust your steering stops

As for me, I opted for HEMTT rims all the way around. I'd do the same thing if I had it to do all over again.

Attachments

sue

Anyone have a good source for brand new 100% tread Goodyear AT3’s for sale ?

I am looking for 7 tires
We have the XZLs, and the most amazing thing about them is with NO weights there on stock A3 rims there just perfectly balanced!!! Truly unbelievable.

Reactions: HDN

HDN

We have the XZLs, and the most amazing thing about them is with NO weights there on stock A3 rims there just perfectly balanced!!! Truly unbelievable.
I put 395s on my M35A3 last year and haven't noticed any weird vibration or other balance-related issues. I figured that they might not manifest if I only top out at 50 MPH. Are all sizes of XZL like that?

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 395s on my M35A3 last year and haven't noticed any weird vibration or other balance-related issues. I figured that they might not manifest if I only top out at 50 MPH. Are all sizes of XZL like that?
I know it is kind of off topic, but do you have any pics or video of your air raid siren?

Lukes_deuce

I had 16r20 xzls on my 925 and it was smooth up to 62 63 then I had a vibration then after 66 it cleared up. Could of been drive train related but otherwise they are were smooth. Speed does play a factor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks