• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1951 M37

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to add your location to your personal info or your signature line(site requirement). Cool truck

Mike_L

Hey, looks good. Duallies too. Any history on it like when the dually was added (military or civilian)? Are you going to do a military restoration or just a civilian upgrade?

Have you been over to G741.org and put it in the registry?

Got more photos?

Good luck with it.

TedG

That is nice looking! I have a set of dually M37 type rims and I always wondered what it it would look like. Thanks for posting and if someone wants to do this I have the rims...

TedG

I will take pictures of the rims I have and post. To my knowlege, they have different offsets for both inside and outside rims since you do not want the tires to rub. I do not know what rims are pictured above...Regards,

Elwenil

Hmmm, I don't know. A 3/4 ton dually just seems sort of odd. It is s very nice looking and solid truck though. I'm just not sure I like the dual rear wheels.

amanco

Hmmm, I don't know. A 3/4 ton dually just seems sort of odd.
I know the M37 designation is 3/4 ton, but I can't help but believe that when the M715 Kaiser Jeep went into production to replace it, a realistic correction was made when the 5/4 ton designation was given to it. Put the dump bed on it (XM708) and dual rear wheels make a lot of sense. Probably where these dualy rims came from.

65falcon

Thanks for the compliments it is a solid truck as for as physically a good paint job and some markings is all it really needs. As for as the history dont know any military history but know it was used as a brush truck for a volunteer fire department. A guy told me once that he remembered seeing this type of truck used in the service as a weapons carrier but I have never seen any information to back this claim however I still think it is a interesting M37.We have an extra rim for the spare that does not have a tire on it I will take a picture of it and some better pictures of the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks