• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1951 Minneapolis Moline ZASI restoration

Oros35

I picked up an Army Corps of Engineers Minneapolis Moline ZASI tractor. Number 492 of 515 ever made. Looking for some help from the knowledgable folks on here. I want to restore it back to as original as I can. They were also made for the Air Force and Navy too.

Here is the data plate (click to see it big):
IMAG1343.jpg
Can anyone point me to where to find the TM or any other useful information on this tractor?

here is a link to some info on it
http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/2/0/204-minneapolis-moline-zasi-photos.html

I plan to paint it 24087 or 23070 semi-gloss OD green. I think either one was available in 1951. there is some original paint on the tractor but I'm not sure if I can tell the difference.

Here it is, pretty rough, but most of the important stuff is there, and it runs good.
IMAG1339.jpgIMAG1337.jpg

Last edited:

Scott3398

I know this kind of an old post so I don't know if you found what you are looking for or not. Ive got two Minneapolis Moline military tractors one is a RTI-M and the other is a Big MO 400M both were former Air force. I found manuals for them at Jensales. Yesterdays tractors also has manuals but are printed by jensales. they have an online website. https://www.jensales.com/
Scott

Oros35

I'd love to have an RTI-M almost bought one at an auction last year. Bought a UTIL-M that I'm restoring instead.
Would love to know the SN and any other info on the tractors you would be willing to share. I've got a spreadsheet going trying to keep track of as many as I can.

Please pm me if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks