• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M-135 axles

Jason93

i have a 1952 M-135 i am rebuilding the axles in. I have been able to cross reference the wheel bearings and seals, and the pinion seal but not the pinion bearings. I was hoping someone would have the part numbers for the pinion bearings or know somewhere i could find them? also a place to find replacement axle shafts, either aftermarket or OEM.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1950's pinion bearings

Get out the binoculars, you got some hunting to do. Fun trucks, get some pics up in the Early Deuce Forum when you can. If you have purchased "New" parts from a cross reference to replace old parts, can you post the new part numbers. Building a database for these trucks, to cover all 'new' replacement part numbers, will be much easier with more info, merci.

The pics are from the old Levy Auto Parts Company that folded in 1987. 707652 710143 for the pinion bearings.

Hopefully you can read the numbers and they work for a cross reference. Otherwise you'll pull the bearings and drop them on the desk of a supply company who may work hard to find you some.

Brain Asbury is publicly listed in the MVPA Supply Line magazine but check your Private Messages PM ...and I'll get you a number. He's in Ontario and has helped me greatly.

I'm thinking you'll find what you need real easy once you start networking locally. Lots of "OLD" boys are hiding parts and if they see someone younger with a hope of actually completing a truck.....they may give up some of the gold.

Welcome aboard!

Attachments

Jason93

thank you very much, ii will keep you posted on my search and post the cross reference numbers i have found so far, just have to find where i wrote them down. working with the older stuff is new to me as is having to search and research for parts. this help is invaluable.

Jason93

i was able to remove the bearings and i am in the proccess of seeing if i can find one for sale. i had to use a slide hammer with a ball joint puller end on it underneath the pinion nut to pull out the pinion and the pinion bearing together. my new problem is trying to figure out the torque for the pinion nut, and how and what to set the ring gear lash to???? (that nut and bolt going into the side of the differential housing..0 any help???
thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks