• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M35 Gasser ignition?

52REOm35

I have a 1952 M35 gasser that I’ve been trying to get some spark out of with no luck. I can’t seem to find a tm that covers these old gassers either. Can anyone tel me if the power going to the coil is 12v or 24v? I have replaced the points, condensers, rotor, cap, coil, resistor, plug wires and plugs. I’m getting 24v to the resistor, but on the other end of it is 12v. Am I missing something?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.......I can’t seem to find a tm that covers these old gassers either.
That would be TM 9-2320-209-20 (Feb 1965), Section VI, starting on page 107: Troubleshooting the electrical system.
(This is a 64MB manual and I don't think we have it uploaded yet, in our library. I will try later on...)

Following 6 pages cover the ignition system.... (extracted from above book)
Hope this helps solving your issue.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the resistor reduces 24 to 12 volts.
With the ignitor cover off, stick a solid wire core ignition wire into the coil tower and crank, this will remove the cap and wires from the equation for diagnostics.