• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1954 M38A1 - F134 Camshaft Bearing - Oil hole placement?

wjb

Hello All,

I'm new to the Forum. I have recently purchased a 1954 M38A1 and my teenage Son and I are doing a frame off rebuild - 1st one.

I just got my block back from the machine shop and I have a question about the installation of the cam bearing. The machine shop installed it and it is about a 1/8th of an inch past the inside of the blocks edge. The bearing oil hole is at about 7 o'clock but I do not see the hole located in the block. I did not take enough quality pictures of the block before I dropped it off at the machine shop, so I don't even know if there is a oil gallery hole located in the block, below the cam bearing.

I have checked the manuals for the oil flow/gallerys and I do not see one located where the bearing is located.

Two questions:
1. Is there an oil gallery/port/hole in the block located below the cam bearing - at about 7 o'clock?
2. Should the bearing be sticking past the edge of the inside rim - about an 1/8 of an inch?

M38A1-cam-bearing.jpg

Thanks in advance.

wjb

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks