• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1954 m54-a2 drive train dilemma

kaiser2help

I have a 1954 m54-a2. I am sure this question has been asked many times. Other than purchasing the hub locking mechanism for each hub, is there any way that I can make this truck a 2 wheel driver. I know when I shift into reverse an air valve disengages the all wheel drive for reverse backing maneuvers. I am sure one could remove the propeller shafts. But how would that interfere with the spragues. If someone has knowledge of such method I could use the help. Thank you.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the air valve does not disengage only shifts the sprag to reverse, you can put a air switch in the feed line to the air valves to the trans, this will shut the air off to the trans air valves, this in turn will put the sprag in neutral, if you dont flip the switch on WHEN NEEDED you do get stuck, beleave me i know :oops: , as far as i know there is not a hub setup for the 5ts, i pulled the drive shaft between the rears, wish i could find a set of slecto hubs for my rear, it would be nice to have all axles pulling if needed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks