• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1956 M38A1 parts

ebyrd10000

Hi

I am new to this site and first time owner of a 1956 M38A1 jeep ..It has had the front fenders cut up a little bit.I would like to restore this jeep back to original. My question is are cj fenders the same as M38a1 fenders? are most of the cj parts the same?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
early CJ5 fenders should be the same. a lot of parts from a 5 will work, but that doesn't mean they are the same (what kind of resto are you going for?)

mutt1966

If you go over to the G503.com site there is a whole section for the M38A1 yes the CJ-5 fenders will work except the left one will need to have 3 holes drilled for the Military blackout light to be mounted. Scott out

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The tub, grille, dash and windshield are all different from CJ5 to M38A1. They will physically work but are not correct. I am not sure about the hood.

There are also many mechanical changes underneath, like the reinforced frame and different spring hangars on the M38A1.

ebyrd10000

I am not going for a concourse typr restore just want it to look pretty close to the way it came. I don't ming using a cj fender and drilling the holes and things like that.. just thought some cj parts might be cheaper to buy..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks