1965 Mack M123A1C 10 ton Tank Transporter

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

fasttruck

Another guy who used to deal min 10 tons and their parts is Bill Finnigan in Altona, NY 518-563-6656. I believe he has an ad in the back of the Military Vehicles Magazine.

The winch in post 37 is definitely a 10 ton unit. The spare tire davit shows on the right side of the pic but the spare tire mount, if present, is just off camera to the right. 10 ton winches were driven by a pto driven off the transfer case through a shaft to a chain which brought the motion up to a sprocket
on he front of the winch. To this sprocket is attached the shear pin for the winch. The cable speed can be controlled by which gear the truck transmission is in and the throttle.

I have a m123 5th wheel and ramps for sell.
Thanks, I saw your PM. We were able to find a 5th wheel and ramps last November. What we really need now are some winch parts. I realized last month that we were missing more parts off of our winch than just the spare tire carrier and derrick. We are also missing two of the pulley assemblies. So besides the spare tire carrier, which would have to be cut off, we need the two pulley assembles circled in the attached photo. We would consider buying an entire winch if the price was right.

Winch Pulley & Bracket 2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks