• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1966 powwerwagon -orphan?

randynoguts

hello everyone. i need some help . i have a'66 powerwagon W200. ex- army/usaf truck.. has data plates etc.. from US ARMY. delivered aug '66.. at some point it was also an AIRFORCE truck as the bottom layer of paint is strata blue.. ive hit a wall trying to see if they had a identifying number such as "m37', 'M880" etc... it is a 3/4 ton regular cab, longbed stepside, with 19.5 inch stock budd rims, 8k stock pto front winch, slant 6 , with a 4 speed manual with granny low and a NP201 divorced transfer case. top speed of about 55-60 but really wound up. will pull like mad now that everything has been fixed/replaced. has a s250 shelter on it at the moment. fits with NO cribbing under it. when i was in the USAF we had plenty of 70's and 80's dodges with no identifier, like crewcabs etc.. all were blue though unless painted overseas. the only online pics i can find is one from clark AB in the phillipines that had a .30 cal on a pedistal in the bed with a seat behind the cab used afor base/perimiter defence, and a buddy sent me some old video clips from white sands missle range in '67 but those were orange and white.. any help or pther photos out there?

i am a bit computer illiterate so cannot post pics, however there is one of my truck on a recent post in upcoming events that was taken at a show last saturday in WA. title i think is WAC show puyallup wa. any help is wonderful... randy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

91W350

We had several around here like that, only crew cabs. I really wish I had snagged one, seeing yours done. Thanks for sharing, Glen

M-37Bruce

Very Nice Truck Randy!
I wanted one of these for years, missed one by one day in 99, six months later I bought my 37.
Welcome From Central VA,

Dodge man

hello everyone. i need some help . ive hit a wall trying to see if they had a identifying number such as "m37', 'M880" etc...

when i was in the USAF we had plenty of 70's and 80's dodges with no identifier, like crewcabs etc..

There's no G (Government model) designation or data plates because these were all COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) vehicles as were your later '70s and '80s Dodges. COTS was (and still is) the government's attempt to avoid high-priced, specially designed vehicles by using regular production line vehicles (and other items). In theory, anyone could go into a any dealership and be able to buy the same equipped vehicle or item (but mostly only in theory!)

I worked on a "commercial" anti-tank, anti-aircraft system (ADATS) for years and you wouldn't believe the changes that we had to make to satisfy the US Army!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks