• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 CUCV - Finally Finnished

rod

Here arelinks to pictures of my 1984 M1009 that I recently finished.

This past Saturday we drove it 210 miles round trip upr to the Huntsville Veteran's Museum to attend a MV swap meet.

I have my eye on a Mite so this M1009 may be for sale in the future.

aboonski

That's beautiful!

Your CUCV is superb looking in every way! If you ever want to trade it for a 1968 M35A2C W/W, power steering, canvas cargo cover & hardtop let me know! I would love to have an M1009 to compliment my M1008A1. Getting up in years and the Deuce it a bit much for me these days. Kenny just swapped out the turbo on my truck so now it is a whistler. I also have five K5 Blazers in the back yard so it would be nice to have an M1009 since all the parts interchange. I am sending a few items from my K5 collection to a member named RUPPSTER up in Alaska who is restoring an M1009; jack & crank, spare tire hardwhare, seatbelts for his back seat, etc. One of the things I wanted to see was the correct placement for the screw jack in the M1009. One of your photos shows it by the tailgate. Do you know whether that's the right place or do they mount somewhere else in the truck? The civilian K5 has the storage under the hood. Al Broadbent
abroadbent@bellsouth.net (321) 427-3070

rod

Al,

The jack was just set there and I'm sure it is not in the correct position. I am also looking for the correct mounting position and items. I'm sure I could find the info in the manuals which are out in my shop. I don't ever think about it until when I am in the shop.

aboonski

CUCV manuals

You know, I have about every manual there is for the CUCV and I really did not think about that for some reason. I even have that parts interchange book that brings a bunch of money on Ebay thanks to Kenny - I did some trading with him for the C turbo and the book and I gave him one of my two Garwood winches that I won in a GL auction down in Homestead. I really like the way your M1009 turned out! My next project will be to convert my M1008A1 to run on WVO. The deuce can deal with any number of variations for fuel but the 6.2 is picky! If you happen to find a reference to the jack hardware before I do, get back with me because I would like to send my buddy RUPPSTER everything he needs for his M1009.

JB

Great job on the truck. The jack mounts under the passenger seat. Of the many pics I have of mine I do not have one of the jack mounted. As soon as I think about it I'll post one here.

Mike_Pop

Rod,

Nice looking M1009. You will enjoy the Mite if you get one. I've had mine for six months and I really like it. My M1009 is also for sale.

aboonski

Hardware and placement of the jack for the CUCV

I just scanned a page from my 1984 - 1987 CUCV Parts and Illustration Catolog which shows where each jack is placed from the factory. The images of each part are so small that I cannot really tell what they look like full size. I am sure that most of these parts are gone by the time people pick up their CUCVs from Govliquidation auctions or private sources - military guys tend to take short cuts when it comes to tasks such as changing tires, etc. so the hold-down hardware has a short life so to speak. If anybody has photos of the stock application to secure the jacks in the M1008 & M1009 it would be great to see! My M1008A1 came with a jack, lug wrench and crank but everything is loose as a goose in the cab. The D1 illustration shows the silhouette of the passenger seat and back of the vehicle tailgate area of the M1009 where all the parts are stowed and the M1008 D3 image shows everything is stowed behind the seat of the truck with all sorts of hardware that I just know I will never see in my lifetime. This parts book has superb breakdowns of every part of each vehicle in the CUCV series. One of these days I want to scan the entire book and put it onto a CD or DVD. My scanner is an Epson 4490 and is starting to crap out on me so the bottom of the page is a bit distorted for that reason - sorry about that!

Attachments

maritimer

RE: Hardware and placement of the jack for the CUCV

there is supposed to be attachment points under the front passenger seat for the jack as that is where it should sit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks