• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 M1028 Diesel gauge

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was taking my dash apart and forgot to disconnect the battery and something sparked behind the volt gauge and now my diesel gauge goes all the way past full and doesn't register correctly. I have read there was a resistor on the back of these gauges could I have burnt the resistor?

Also broke the speedo needle replacing the plastic lens. I can't believe nobody makes an after market needle.

87cr250r

The needle shouldn't be a problem. A dab of glue should solve that. If the needle is gone, you can likely buy ABS or polystyrene rod of similar diameter to glue on.

cucvrus

1668683365444.png25 years ago I needed a new diesel fuel gauge for a CUCV and this was all I could buy. I tried several times to get the OEM style and could not. I was at a GM dealer that I dealt with for many years and that is all they could get me. That gauge is in the Easter Find M1008 that I rebuilt about 8 years ago. I did manage to find a new correct OEM GM fuel gauge at a rally in Aberdeen MD a few years back. Paid a grand price for it and still have it in the box.
1668683583053.pngThis is a file photo but mine is exact and OEM GM. I hope that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks