• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 m1008 12v starter

mpphil

I have a 1986 m1008 6.2L.The starter went out on it and I need a replacement. Before I bought it, it was converted to 12v. Any websites, etc,. where I can find a starter? The cheapest price quoted was $334.00 including $100.00 core charge. Is there anything cheaper out there?

Rebelpride

I bought mine off of ebay, brand new it was only like $100 shipped. Only downside: made in taiwon and the screw in the back doesnt line up with the bracket. But it bolts up fine.

mangus580

for 12v... go to the autoparts (any... your favorite works) and get a starter for your year, civvy chevy pickup with the 6.2....

If you really wanna spend the big bucks... look for the gear driven upgrade used in the 90's 6.5's

Hoot_223

Rebelpride said:
I bought mine off of ebay, brand new it was only like $100 shipped. Only downside: made in taiwon and the screw in the back doesnt line up with the bracket. But it bolts up fine.
did u have to shim urs?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks