• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 chevy M1028

$marineau89

This is my first post and I just bought my 87 m1028 last month and just curious on what to say to the auto parts people when trying to get parts for it and what model the truck is for oil pan gaskets in all the brakes

Squibbly

1987 Chevy K30 Silverado 6.2 diesel.

That should get you what you need, but the parts are all in the -P manuals on this site.

Learn them. Love them. They will be your best friend for the lifetime of your truck.

Keith_J

Depending on the 1028. Most are 1984 specific parts, there are limitations on certain models. If your 1028 is an A1, it has a 205 transfer case from a 1984 design with the figure 8 input bolt pattern, no other 1987 had this. All models use the same glow plug system which is 24 volt along with the starter.

The alternators are usually Delco 27SI isolated negative, new spares are available for total rebuilding. You won't find starters at your local auto parts supply but these too can be ordered.

Certain 1028s had Leece Neeville 24 volt, 100A alternators parts are available but usually commercial HD shops, not LAPS.

Brakes are K30, 14 bolt corporate with singles, Dana 70 if duals. Oil pan is usually RTV, the rear main seal is probably a 2 piece lip type where 1984 had rope type. Most engine parts are easily found.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks