• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 m1028 cucv

$marineau89

Hi I am currently slowly restoring my 1987 chevy m1028 cucv 6.2 diesel and I have been trying to find a website for transmission lines, fuel lines from tank to pump and oil cooler lines, and also looking for a radiator that would be a fit any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

cucvrus

I probably have all the fuel and brake lines you mentioned and have stored them for 25 years. So they are clean. Let me know if I can help. I have been using hydraulic hose run over top of the transmission for trans cooler lines. They have been on a few plow trucks and I have had no failures to date. Keeps them up out of the muck, rocks, debris and easier to work on the lower area.

Last edited:

Squibbly

I probably have all the fuel and brake lines you mentioned and have stored them for 25 years. So they are clean. Let me know if I can help. I have been using hydraulic hose run over top of the transmission for trans cooler lines. They have been on a few plow trucks and I have had no failures to date. Keeps them up out of the muck, rocks, debris and easier to work on the lower area.
You got a picture of that, Rick?

cucvrus

Meet Mr Rusty | Page 13 | SteelSoldiers
I had people on this site say they wouldn't hold up. They said the heat was to high. I prevailed and 3 years later they still look the same. Granted I haven't done any interstate driving but pulling wood trailer and plowing snow in my world creates more heat than normal highway driving. I hope that helps. They were not cheap.

cucvrus

Hydraulic hoses take a lot more heat on my tractors than your cucv produces I bet! A rubber hose will not dissipate heat as well as a steel line though.
I agree. I was doing the change to avoid the corrosion and failures on the plow truck. After spending a few times up under a plow truck at -10* in a snow pile doing in line splices I decided this was the better way. So far I have it on 3 plow trucks and have never had any issues. These trucks were designed to take the hard use. After all they lasted this long. Mr. Rusty still has the OEM engine and transmission in it. After 25 years of mountainous dirt road plowing. It has passed the test of time. Now only if it would stop corroding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks