• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1997 FMTV CAT 3116 Crankcase Vent slobber tube excessive oil

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So overfill with diluted oil? What do I dilute the oil with?
no hes saying to check to make sure its not overfull or if it looks diluted with something else like diesel or water/antifreeze mixed in the oil

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil looks fine and dipstick shows it is low.
I would just run it and keep an eye on it and keep the oil at the full range . Have you ever changed the oil since you got your truck ? I use shell Rotella 15/ 40 in mine and ONLY USE CAT FILTERS except for the small fuel filter with the plastic bottom on it !

Ironcladz

I would just run it and keep an eye on it and keep the oil at the full range . Have you ever changed the oil since you got your truck ? I use shell Rotella 15/ 40 in mine and ONLY USE CAT FILTERS except for the small fuel filter with the plastic bottom on it !
I have not changed oil yet. I'll give it a go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks