• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1ao8 2ao16 4ao32 float fix

coyote62ny

these engines have been bothered with the floats swelling due to ethonol gas. I have found a cure for this problem. Lee w. pederson 78 taft ave Lynbrook ny 11563 sells a gas tank sealer that does not melt or damage the foam floats . i put 3 coats on one of these floats let it dry for 5 days and soaked it in ethonol gas for 2 weeks took it out today and miked the demensions as i did before soaking no measurable swelling.when coating make shure you get the float coated well and also keep your coats as thin as possable so you dont add to much weight mine came out a nice bright white . wash your float in dawn dish soap to remove any grease or gas and let dry totally then apply 3 to 4 coats i used a small artist paint brush to apply .make shure you fill any pin holes and get the coating around the metal float pivot where the foam attaches to it sealed well this worked for me por 15 did not stick to the foam and red coat seemed to melt it. this stuff works mr pederson told me he sells this to several float manufacturers .He does not do phone orders only mail order one quart if i remember correctly was 39.75 shipping included also available in smaller size. I ordered a quart and coated the gas tank on my m5 generator as well . hope this helps someone else you can go to his web site and check out the price lee w pederson.com should get you there .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks