• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 M105A3 trailers in Texarkana

OkieM1008morrison

hey guys, I'm picking up two M105A3 trailers I bought from Gov Planet last week, I talked to Evan who is the onsite contact for Gov Planet. he told me the trailers are on the off-base Gov Planet yard and they have nothing to help you load your items...has anyone had any experience with this? he also said they do not help load the items...im having flashbacks to a certain GL onsite rep from Camp Shelby MS. she was a dandy and repeatedly told me she would not help or touch any loadout item. and she didn't. I'm planning on taking my gooseneck trailer with dovetail and ramps, my plan is to use a come-along to pull the trailers onto the trailer if I cant get any help. my first thought when talking to Evan was... you guys have an off site yard for surplus property with nothing to help load? I'm actually blown away by now they don't have anything at all, am I wrong!? Thanks guys

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okie, It might be similar to AAA Towing here in Fayetteville. GP contracted them to hold some items due to the amount GP was required to 'take possession of'. AAA will not assist in loading unless you pay them, they won't jump, or do anything besides opening a gate without charging.

Of they contracted an empty fenced lot and there literally is nothing.

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in a similar situation like yours at a GL lot in Indianapolis where they had no dock or forklift at that time and had to end up backing the trailers up the ramp on my gooseneck trailer. Wasn't an easy task when your by yourself, im glad i had brought my high rise pintle hitch with me because i wasn't expecting to load them myself. After that i learned to ask if there was loading assistance availableaua

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did it say in the Pickup Terms of the item auction page? Some places state whether there is forklift loading assistance available or not. I always check that before I bid.

I've done like HMMWV Nut by unhitching the flatbed, block up the rear edge of the flatbed so the front jack doesn't lift up, and use a pintle hitch to back the trailers up the ramp onto the flatbed. Just a reverse of the unloading procedure.

OkieM1008morrison

I read the " fine print " it is in fact a company Gov planet contracted to hold the equipment off base, with NO loading assistance. I'm bringing two 4 ton come-along's and my pintle hitch for my pick-up, just in case I need a back up plan. looks like i'll be investing in a large electric winch for my gooseneck very soon for this reason, thanks for the info guys its greatly appreciated!

ClintA

The last time I loaded a trailer solo, I wired a 2 x 12 board down on the dovetail on the goose neck so the jack would slide better/easier while using a come-a-long to pull. Hope this helps

OkieM1008morrison

The good news is got both trailers loaded and home, I talked the Gov planet guy into using one of the Freightliner backhoe/front end laoder trucks to pick my trailers up and set them up on my trailer. it made short work of loading them! I also know what my next purchase will be!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks