• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2003 Stewart & Stevenson 2.5 Ton LMTV Deuce-and-a-Half

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: 2003 Stewart & Stevenson 2.5 Ton LMTV Deuce-and-a-Ha

If you are talking about the one on Ebay, it looks to be owned by a DoD contractor. The contractor may be able to resell it so long as they have the proper paperwork from S&S and as long as there is no government protected equipment on it.

Staffsargent

Here is the responce

I email the seller and asked some questions-
1. Where is Rocket Center,W.V., I can't find it on any map?
2. Is there a title w/this truck?
3. I didn't know these trucks were released by the goverment yet?
4. Who was the one owner, other than the military in the US?
5. Were these trucks available for public sale?
6. I thought these were three ton trucks?

Here is there responce-
Rocket Center is located near Keyser, WV in Mineral County. The vehicle is legally titled and registered in West Virginia. The truck was purchased new and the sole owner has been Information Manufacturing Corporation, a private company who licensed the vehicle for commercial use. This is a 2.5 ton truck, as stated in the listing.

The company is www.infoman.com

rmgill

I've been past a place in WV that was rebuilding Bradleys. They had complete ones and disassembled hulls out on their yard. Wonder if this is the same place.

M1075

When I tried the old FMTV website for Stewart & Stevenson www.ssss.com I was directed to a new owner.

"Armor Holdings Aerospace & Defense has acquired the manufacturer of the FMTV fleet from Stewart & Stevenson. We have a number of field service representatives deployed world-wide to support you on-site. Please call or e-mail with any questions on maintenance problems or parts. We have qualified personnel available to help answer your FMTV questions."

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I email the seller and asked some questions-
1. Where is Rocket Center,W.V., I can't find it on any map?
2. Is there a title w/this truck?
3. I didn't know these trucks were released by the goverment yet?
4. Who was the one owner, other than the military in the US?
5. Were these trucks available for public sale?
6. I thought these were three ton trucks?

Here is there responce-
Rocket Center is located near Keyser, WV in Mineral County. The vehicle is legally titled and registered in West Virginia. The truck was purchased new and the sole owner has been Information Manufacturing Corporation, a private company who licensed the vehicle for commercial use. This is a 2.5 ton truck, as stated in the listing.

The company is www.infoman.com
Do you recall if the LMTV sold on eBay? I just bought one and trying to gauge what the value is. Obviously the GL auction value is $24.5k, which I paid.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
One of these trucks sold out of GL Tampa last Thursday....looked like a runner and sold for 25K (if I remember correctly).

I have seen several others come out of GL but they were usually FUBAR.

If the vehicle met DOT standards the manfacturer was often allowed to sell a civilianized version to the public. Oshkosh has sold domestic versions of the HEMMT tanker for firefighting use.

If a contractor made a system that attached to the vehicle they could sometimes buy them from the manufacturer to use as a prototype platform (or sometiimes got them on loan).

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way, last time I was at Macdill AFB there were two LMTVs getting ready to be put up for auction. I got one, so another should be coming soon. I will confirm the second one is still available when I pick mine up.

jpinst

By the way, last time I was at Macdill AFB there were two LMTVs getting ready to be put up for auction. I got one, so another should be coming soon. I will confirm the second one is still available when I pick mine up.

I am curious of the condition of the truck. I was the one bidding against you. It seems like it could be a driver. Let us know once you pick it up.

have fun with it.

DGxtreme

M1078 gets reincarnated

If all goes well it will be in flagstaff for the overland expo in may

I will,post photos when I figure out how to upload

Stay tuned

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks