• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 Chevrolet LSSV

sspanzerss

I recently purchased a 2009 Chevrolet LSSV CK30943 4x4 Crew Cab from Naval Coastal Warfare Group 2 Portsmouth, Virginia with 29K miles on it... I am trying to find out what the paint code is for the pickup. It is a darker green, but I don't think it is CARC. There are no CARC stenciling any where on the truck. FSN N4365A-9055-X603.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. What GM Defense did was put in RPO's with Chevrolet Flint Truck plant for the specs that were needed, then the completed trucks were sent to an upfitter that added the mil goodies and the paint job. The paint code embedded in the VIN will be for the color on the firewall. The repaint could be several colors depending on USAF, USA or USN. Suggest you find a part on the truck that is not sun faded and bring it in to a Sherwin Williams for them to color match it in an industrial paint product. Option 2 would be to visit RAPCO parts website, they have a color chart of every imaginable mil color and attempt to match what you have.

sspanzerss

Welcome. What GM Defense did was put in RPO's with Chevrolet Flint Truck plant for the specs that were needed, then the completed trucks were sent to an upfitter that added the mil goodies and the paint job. The paint code embedded in the VIN will be for the color on the firewall. The repaint could be several colors depending on USAF, USA or USN. Suggest you find a part on the truck that is not sun faded and bring it in to a Sherwin Williams for them to color match it in an industrial paint product. Option 2 would be to visit RAPCO parts website, they have a color chart of every imaginable mil color and attempt to match what you have.
Thank you for the info. I did bring a part in yesterday to Sherwin Williams but the young man there wasn't familiar with CARC paint. He did email a MIL-DTL-53039F Paint Information that including CARC. The color of the LSSV is a darker green. It's hard to identify from paint chips on the computer. Also looks like a Air Force Green 34031.... Truly appreciate your wisdom and the great help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks