• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

200A shipping damage, how bad is it?

Westo

Trying to swap my 400 to a 200 and got the new one in with some shipping damage. It had worn all the way through the packing materials and box and looks like it got thrown around a bit.
1714452637838.png
The shroud is bent but not interfering with the fan. Also had the idea to just swap it with the shroud on my 400, haven't checked if they're the same part yet.
1714452698032.png
3 of the supporting leg things and one of the threaded posts broke off from the alternator body and are just wedged in between these pieces now. Since taking the picture one has fallen out. The damage mostly looks cosmetic to me which I'm fine with, but I don't know about generators too much so I'm not sure. This is a tested used unit I got from TNJ Murray. Took them 3 weeks to ship it, so if the damage isn't too serious I'd rather not have to try and fight them over a replacement, send this back and wait for another one.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if it's just cosmetic right now, there might be hidden damage that only shows up after it's installed, and most places refuse to take any type of return on used electrical components.

For the cost of the alternator, I'd spend the extra time and effort to get one that didn't get the crap beaten out of it rather than risk a refund refusal because you tried to make it work.

To have that much damage, it took a beating.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Completely and totally unacceptable. Vendor should know better with such a heavy, somewhat odd shape and expensive item. New is NEW, not a parts unit. Pictures and paper work and they eat it big time. $$$ Amazon... keep it and we will send you a new one. LOL

IS this where the term "Drop Ship" came from? CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks