• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Lighted Christmas Parade Centralia WA, Dec. 13

Amer-team

Hello Team 13 December 2014. Centralia, WA will be holding their 5th Annual Lighted Tractor (Christmas) Parade.
Last year we had 7 vehicles. If anyone is interested in participating let me know. I will take care of registration for the event. We could meet at my house about 1300 - 1400 and start lighting up the vehicles. Parade rolls at 1800. They want us there by 1600 for judging, so we will probably go over about that time. They never give us enough room for the big vehicles. If there is interest and I can get a count, will barbecue up some burgers before we take off for parade lineup. We already have 3 vehicles showing interest. I will check with the local Guard Unit and see if they would like to tag along with us.

Only requirement is that you have a vehicle profusely lit up. I have used the power converter method and a couple of folks have used small generators. A couple years ago I gave shelter to a Motorcycle unit, opened up the back of the M54 and let them get out of the rain. Last year we won Grand Champion of the parade.

Let me know if you can make it so we can plan for some food. MV's, food, and a parade, it doesn't get much better than that.

Amer-team

Any takers for the parade this year? So far it is looking like a couple of M923's, WW2 jeep, maybe the M38A1C, and a WW2 1 1/2 ton Chevy. I will turn in registration tomorrow. Let me know so I can plan for food.

I am going to practice Saturday at the regular Christmas Parade in Chehalis. It kicks off at 1100 and we are planning on lining up at 0930.

Amer-team

Anyone coming out to play? We lost one so it looks like about 5 or 6 vehicles tonight. We would be happy to have you if you can make it. Call me. 360 870 0706 Peter

Amer-team

100_4643.jpg100_4642.jpg100_4641.jpg100_4640.jpg100_4639.jpgWe ended up with 5 vehicles. 43 MB, 53 M38A1C, 67 M715, 84 M923, 86 M923A1. Sorry for the picture quality. They were taken in low light with not that great of a camera, and less of a photographer. There were 65 other units in the parade and one stray M715 that was painted red that a man had recently bought from a rural fire department. The displays have gotten more elaborate in the 5th year of the parade as people have learned how to light up their rigs. I had the tan M923 and had problems with my Christmas lighting. I think I found an extension cord that may have been causing a short and overheating the power converter. Everyone else seemed to do fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks