• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24/12 Volt on M915A2

Cinder7

Is it possible to eliminate the step box on a M915A1, connect both leads at alternator, put on 12 volt starter and alternator and be good to go?

Last edited by a moderator:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is it possible to eliminate the step box on a 915A1, connect both leads at alternator, put on 12 volt starter and alternator and be good to go?
Yes. You must change the fuel solenoid as well. It is the only thing that is 24v besides the 12pin harness power.

I went with a 24v alternator. And a equalizer. This allows me to use the surplus 24v items and 12v items up to 100 amp. This also allows you to able to use a 24v or a 12v starter.

Cinder7

Yes. You must change the fuel solenoid as well. It is the only thing that is 24v besides the 12pin harness power.

I went with a 24v alternator. And a equalizer. This allows me to use the surplus 24v items and 12v items up to 100 amp. This also allows you to able to use a 24v or a 12v starter.
Awesome! I bought the 915 as a donor for another lots older truck and want it simple enough for anyone to operate

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks