• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v led lighted license plate

bprzyw

Ok, so not sure where this goes….. but hope it’s here. I got a 24v led license plate holder. I have it wired up to #21 on the drivers side taillight. When turning on the lights I notice the drivers side tail light is dim. I disconnected the license plate light and the taillight works just fine. Am I missing something? Maybe a needed resistor? Help appreciated.
Thank you!!

Gypsyman

The wire number should be correct. Did you check to see what the wattage of the bulb in the license plate light is? It sounds like you’re pulling more amperage on that circuit than it can provide for some reason.

bprzyw

It is a 24v. I thought it was led, but maybe not. Says 3 bulbs…. This is what I got:
I want to say ground, but disconnected the taillight is 100%. I contacted the seller to find specs.
Maybe a Y adapter and ground the license plate light by its self….
I needed to order more packard ends anyway.
I’ll check into it more Saturday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks