• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

255 85 16's

LT67

Anyone else running this size on their CUCV truck?

I run KM2's in this size on my 86 M1008. Great tires: excellent traction in heavy rain and mud, no fender rubbing and good fuel mileage.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran the exact same tire on my bambalance but had them on 7" wide Ford rims. Excellent tire.

LT67

I am running Toyo M/T in that size. Had them on the stock wheels but moved to Ford wheels that were 7" wide, due to a couple of bent stock wheels. No issues.
I run the same Toyos on my 79 K20 flatbed truck. They don't flex like the KM2's, but those stiff sidewalls handle the weight of the truck with the heavy steel flatbed with a load in it

Keith_J

Cooper Discover ST MAXX on my 1031. 8 inch reproduction rims, 4 inch back space. Perfect fit, NO death wobble. Recently had a rare blizzard down here, perfect traction. Used 4WD for over 50 miles.

LT67

Cooper Discover ST MAXX on my 1031. 8 inch reproduction rims, 4 inch back space. Perfect fit, NO death wobble. Recently had a rare blizzard down here, perfect traction. Used 4WD for over 50 miles.
Got a pic of the 255's on an 8in wheel?

LT67

Sweet... just curious, how do those tires do off road? I had a set in 235 85 16 on my 79 K20. Good tire, although when I got into the slick stuff off road the traction was not that great unless I aired down. I'm thinking the tighter tread pattern on the smaller 235 85 16 may have been the culprit. Friend of mine runs those in a 275 85 16 on his Jeep and he gets mad traction in the slick stuff.

Keith_J

During the Valentines Day weekend blizzard, these tires paid off. 4WD was only needed for steep hills..glare ice was a problem but that is a tire compound issue, not tread. For every other purpose, the rubber is perfect. Fantastic wet traction for example.
I only need to air down on sand. Keep in mind, these have a max load of 3450 pounds and very stiff sidewalls..stiff and tough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks